The safety of all road users is a priority for the City of Toronto.
That's why the City is reminding pedestrians, motorists and cyclists to take extra care, especially as we enter the fall season when daylight hours are reduced. Statistics show that during autumn, there is an increase in collisions involving pedestrians.
The City has produced lawn signs that encourage all motorists to drive safely as they travel in our neighbourhoods. To get a lawn sign, please visit my community office at 1240 Bloor Street West between the hours of 10am to 6pm, Wednesday to Friday.
It's critical to be aware of your surroundings at all times when you are travelling. All road users need to remember that safety is everyone's responsibility.
Please Slow Down Sign Guidelines
The temporary sign should:
- Be placed on public property (between the curb or edge of roadway and the property line)
- Have the wire frame inserted into the ground (no 2X4 stands or suspended from trees)
- Not obstruct the sidewalk
- Be located at least 0.6m (2') away from the curb and 3m from a fire hydrant
- Not be attached to any structure, post or pole.
- Cause no obstruction to sight lines
- Not obstruct the access to, or operation of, a culvert, bridge or overpass
- Be used as supplied without modification or illumination (just the light from the street and no reflective tape)
- Not be placed in a road median
- Not be on an expressway or expressway ramp
- Only be displayed between April 1st and November 30th