Federation of Canadian Municipalities
As a City of Toronto representative at the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and Chair of the Standing Committee on Social-Economic Development, I joined my colleagues from across Canada to advance our common goals:
- On housing, we are calling for the calling up the Rapid Housing Initiative to build 24,000 units of social and affordable housing over the next seven years.
- On homelessness, we are calling for growing the Reaching Home Program by $282 million annually.
- On transit, we want to ensure efficient delivery of the recently announced transit funding, including the annual $3 billion Permanent Transit Fund.
- On community, culture and recreational infrastructure, we are calling for doubling the Gas Tax Fund allocation for the next three years.
- On operating support for front-line municipal services, we want to find a durable solution to transit and operating budget shortfalls, building on the safe restart agreement.