As you may be aware, The Toronto District School Board is in the process of selling the Bloor-Dufferin School Lands. You may have noticed a for sale sign on the property recently. The Toronto Lands Corporation (the real estate arm of the TDSB) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP), during which interested buyers can submit offers on the site. Through the efforts of the City, School Board & the Province through the Bloor-Dufferin Working Group, up to 30,000 sq ft is required to be set aside by whoever the successful bidder is for the purposes of a community hub. As this process continues, I will continue to advocate for the following community building goals:
- The preservation of as much green space as possible;
- The preservation and expansion of child care spaces;
- The need for affordable housing to be included as part of any development on the site;
- That any proposed development fits with the character of the neighbourhood;
- The preservation of the heritage aspects of the site; and
- The need for community services, uses, and a community hub to be created on the site itself
I will continue to keep your informed of any updates on this important issue. To review my previous updates and a summary of the consultation feedback and information session from this past summer, please click here.