Beginning on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 and continuing for approximately 6 weeks, the TTC will be carrying out priority streetcar track maintenance in the area of Dundas/College/Sterling/Lansdowne area. This work will require temporary changes to the 505 Dundas and 506/306 Carlton streetcar service west of Lansdowne Avenue.
The Priority Rail Maintenance Work will include;
1) Rail work at expansion joints on the Sterling Bridge
2) Rail replacement at the eastbound streetcar stop on Dundas Street at Lansdowne Avenue
3) Rail replacement at the eastbound streetcar stop on College Street at Lansdowne Avenue
4) Rail repairs to the westbound rail on Dundas Street West
505 and 506 Streetcar Service Changes west of Lansdowne Avenue
During this 6 week period, beginning Sunday, October 13 buses will replace streetcars on the 505 Dundas and 506 Carlton routes west of Lansdowne Avenue operating along regular routing. Streetcars will loop at the Dundas/College/Lansdowne area for their return eastbound trip. (See transit map below).
Streetcar service will resume regular routing on Sunday, November 24, or sooner, if the track maintenance work is completed early.
Customers can transfer between streetcars and the replacement buses in the Dundas/College/Lansdowne area.
Traffic will be reduced to a minimum of one lane in each direction through the work zones during the repair work.
The work will typically be conducted weekdays between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. as required. On occasion, work may extend past 11 p.m. to ensure that key operations are completed.
We regret the short notification and any inconvenience that may be caused as a result of these priority track repairs.
- Diego Sinagoga, Community Liaison at 416-393-2197
- Customer Service 416-393-3030; (Daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays)
- TTY Hearing Impaired Service 416-481-2523; (Daily, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays)
- TTC Route/Schedule Information Line: 416-393-INFO (4636) or www.ttc.ca