For the snow event of February 1st & 2nd, here is an update on Transportation Services' plans as of February 3 at 9am;
Weather: Slight chance of a passing flurry this morning, otherwise cloudy and cold with sunny breaks. An Alberta Clipper moves in later today with some light snow for the evening and overnight. Snowfall accumulation is expected to be in the 2 to 4 cm range. On Wednesday, a little warmer with fairly cloudy skies and the chance of a few lingering flurries in the morning and afternoon.
- One round of salt was applied to arterial & collector roads this morning
- Salting on local roads will be ongoing throughout the day
- Cleanup operations on expressways, arterials & collectors are now complete.
- Cleanup operations on local roads will continue throughout the day on Tuesday focussing on parked car locations, missed driveways & missed streets
- 1st round of mechanical sidewalk clearing was completed Monday evening
- 2nd round of mechanical sidewalk clearing commenced at approx 4am and will be completed by approx 10pm.
- Bus stop clearing began at approx 9pm Monday
- It will take up to 48hrs to complete